April 24, 2019
In our continuing efforts to provide our members with the best tennis experience possible, the CLT Board of Directors has made recent improvements to our facility and has plans to continue making long-needed upgrades in the near future now that we have a rolling 5 year contract with the Chandlers HOA. In order to do so while maintaining quality facilities and a fun program for our members, a membership dues increase/restructure is forthcoming. Our plan of action includes the following:
Membership Dues (last modified 5/1/14) will be adjusted as of 6/1/19 to the following:
- Family: Increases to $75/month
- ($825/yr if paid in advance = 1 free month)
- Single: No change $60/month
- ($660/yr if paid in advance = 1 free month)
- Junior:Increases to $35/month
- (No discount if paid in advance)
Any member may lock in current rate by purchasing an Annual Membership for $660 prior to 5/1/19. Members currently prepaid may use their remaining balance towards a new Annual Membership at current rate of $660 if paid by 5/1/19.
Example: A member with 6 months remaining on an annual membership as of 5/1/19 could use the $330 remaining credit ($55/mo) towards new annual membership at the current rate and pay only the $330 difference by 5/1/19 and have a renewal date of 5/1/20.
They could otherwise simply let their current membership run it’s course for 6 more months and then renew as of 11/1/19 at the new rate of $825/yr. For more info interested members may contact Mark Thoreson at email@example.com
Reinstatement Fee $225
- Charged to any member who terminates membership and then re-joins within twelve (12) months.
- Allows CLT to maintain monthly dues at a relatively low rate and still provide numerous free activities for our members.
- May request Medical Hold with written notice to Board.
- All lights on Courts 1-5 have been replaced.
- All lights on Courts 6/7 will be replaced this Spring.
- Plan to replace all lights periodically every 3-4 years to maintain luminosity.
- Courts 6/7 will be out of commission May 5-25 for complete renovation after which both will be available for play. Anyone remember when Court 6 was last playable?
- Courts 2-5 will be resurfaced over the course of this year with as little interruption of play as possible.
- All windscreens on Courts 2-7 were replaced in 2017/18.
- Lakeside screen on Court 1 was recently replaced as well.
Court 1 Patio
- Replaced two existing 6’ picnic tables with three NEW 8’ tablesincreasing seating by 12.
- Researching cost of replacing pergola previously removed by operator of Allure Restaurant 4-5 years ago.
Courts 8 & 9 (Formally HOA Courts)
- CLT now has scheduling control and maintenance responsibility for those courts.
- Scheduled for resurfacing in 2020.
- Available to CLT members if Courts 1 thru 7 are already booked.
- Must provide own water except for Events
- Advanced Players: Monday morning (new) and Tuesday night.
- 3.0-4.0 Players Thursday night and new Friday morning clinic.
- All clinics are restricted to 10 players in order for our pros to provide the best possible experience for all participants.
- Online signups 2 days in advance for members via chandlerstennis.com
- RSVP’s required if attending and cancellations appreciated when appropriate.
FREE for Members
- 1st Saturday clinic each month
- 2 tournaments each year
- All mixers (8 per year)
- Unlimited use of Ball Machine
- Must reserve a court or SUBJECT TO BEING BUMPED
- Up to one week in advance
- Up to 2 hours per session
- Online reservations via chandlerstennis.com
- Courts 8&9 only available if #1 thru #7 already booked.
- Ball Machine Free – available on Court 6 only.
- Automatic access with Toll Tag.
- Non-residents register tag with HOA Office outside of main gate
CLT Website (www.chandlerstennis.com)
- Calendar of events
- Court reservation system
- Clinic signups
- League info
- Contact info
CLT Tennis Committee
- Jim Keton – Chairperson
- Sandy Graves – Co-Chair/Social
- Allison Glastad – Membership
- Dee Crawford – Marketing/Communications
- Chuck Menges – Facilities
CL Tennis Board
- Dan Frazier – President
- Paul Jasin – Vice President
- Mark Thoreson – Treasurer
- Dana Johnson – Director
- Jerry Thomas – Director
- Brad Bristow (Head Pro)
- Jerry Rivera (Asst. Pro)
- Whitney Jones (Asst. Pro)
- Diwani Lewis (Asst. Pro)
- Skip Hoffman (Weekdays)
- Landon Gibson (Weekends)
CL Tennis, Inc.